Helping those in need…
December 16, 2004
To: All Board Members & Ministry Partners
Re: TIH Ministry Update – “How big is your God?”
The end of 2003/2004 was a special year for TIH Ministries. As you all may know, we were finally approved as a nonprofit 501.3C organization. This was a true blessing and a huge relief to say the least.
To God’s glory I’d like to share what he accomplished through us and your partnership…
- In November of 2003, 15 of us went to Brunswick, Georgia and in 3 days built/remodeled a 3000 sq ft counseling center for the Daystar Children’s Home. A huge work!
- Beginning in 2004 we were able to…
- Purchase a truck for a fellow believer who was starting a fresh life after leaving prison. Renee & I were also able to open our home to him for several months while providing work, encouragement and hope. The ministry was also able to provide funds to him at various times throughout the year to meet various needs.
- Support a woman financially in her quest to fight breast cancer.
- Financially support Forever Grateful Ministries, the legal fees and the startup costs involved in that nonprofit organization. (Forever Grateful was formerly known as Buds Bicycle Ministry)
- Donate thousands of dollars to single moms, elderly folks and widows to help pay for special needs as well as daily living expenses.
- Purchase and install special computer software for a dear brother in Christ to help him not only run his business, but run his daily life since a debilitating disease has left him without the use of his arms or legs.
- Purchase a breathing machine for a child with cerebral palsy.
- Donate thousands of dollars to build a church in Swaziland, Africa. This effort culminated in our ministry partnering with Mt Paran Church of God where we led a team of 7 people to Swaziland in August and built a church in an amazing 8 days.
- Step in with love and encouragement by repairing and repainting the entire outside of a recently divorced woman’s home. In the midst of her pain we were able to ease her mind by, stopping leaks, replacing rotting wood, replacing windows and putting on a fresh protective coat of paint. The house looked great when we left.
- Our on-going ministry of reaching out to a local Cobb women’s shelter has produced a lot of fruit in Christ with as many as 15 women and children attending church each week through the efforts of selfless devoted drivers who ferry them back and forth. Many have given their lives and rededicated their hearts to the Lord. Lives are being changed!
- We have repaired countless vehicles for single moms and families in desperate need.
- We have provided a vehicle and general life skill support to a young woman with 2 children who, through Christ, has broken the chains of addiction and abuse and is now living a victorious life in Christ.
- We have provided thousands of dollars in financial support as well as construction support to a local Marietta Boy Scout troop in their efforts to remodel and build a new scout hut.
- Through our partnership with MPO this Christmas, God has opened the door to enable us to directly coordinate/support over 35 families in need.
As “Hope” ministers, we at TIH Ministries have been blessed to be able to come along side many hurting people to love and counsel. God has moved tremendously in this area.
The list goes on… As I’ve written this letter I am overwhelmed by our God and what He does through those that make themselves available as open vessels. You folks are those open vessels and you need to know that as we stand together on Matthew 25:31-46 TIH Ministries will continue to provide for the people that the Lord brings our way.
We wish you a Merry Christmas and a reminder that God’s divine appointments surround you daily.
Steve and Renee McKenzie