Helping those in need…
To All Board Members and Ministry Partners,
RE: TIH Ministry Update – God’s Glory
It’s with heartfelt love, gratitude, and appreciation that I write you now to thank each and everyone for their prayers, financial support and hard work during our South Africa trip.
You, the team members that sent us to build the Loraine Revival Center in Bismark, South Africa will never know the impact your support had in the Loraine community and the surrounding area of Bismark.
You would have been very proud of your eleven team members. “Selflessness” is the word that comes to mind when I think of our team. I watched each team member offer themselves as a living sacrifice to God. Through continual selfless acts they became vessels of our Lord through their joy, love and encouragement to pastors, each other, children, the local community and those who were there to serve us.
The love that poured through this team was noticed by all who were watching… and believe me, there were a lot of folks watching. The testimonies are endless, the tears were abundant, the Joy spread like sunshine, the encouragement was like deep breaths of fresh air and the gifts were distributed generously. I saw Jesus in the character, the hearts and the actions of all eleven “builders”. Relationships were build and I believe the spark of hope rekindled.
My hat goes off to you who stayed behind to take care of the children, the pets, the homes, the businesses and the daily grind of necessary work that was needed to make up for our absence. This effort coupled with you who prayed and gave money enabled us to focus on the tasks we faced.
The trip was fruitful, producing a legacy for all who poured into the mission for years to come. Directly and indirectly your team was a part of the following highlights:
- Constructing a 36′ x 80′ church sanctuary including a church office and counseling center
- Laying over 9000 blocks/bricks in less than 9 days (2 days ahead of schedule)
- Setting 5 doors and 15 windows. Placing 6 major roof trusses and installing near 2000 square feet of sheet metal as a roof covering
- Pouring (by hand) a 400 square foot section of the slab
- Installing 9 lights, 3 ceiling fans and miscellaneous outlets through a local electrical contractor
- Daily interaction and ministry to the local children who visited each afternoon
- Providing near $10,000 in contributions and love offerings to local pastors, missionaries and folks in need
- Providing the twelve members of the local South African building team with shoes, shirts, underwear, toiletries, etc.
- Providing local children with Frisbees, candy, crafts and gifts
- “And”… the biggest highlight of all was traveling 8500 miles to show a local community (believer and unbeliever alike) that we care.
Thank you again and feel free to check out the South African trip – click here.